Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tickling the Cat at Woodlands


Under an azure sky Woodlands dwarves the marquee set up for larger groups of students. 

The Ipswich Festival of Children's Literature hosted some 9,000 school children over the two weeks. It's an ideal venue with so many large outbuildings and seminar rooms.


Here I am on my first day at the festival in my 'Pond Magic' dress, waiting to be picked up for my first author session at Lockrose State School. I had a class of Prep to Year 3. Then I was whisked back to Woodlands for two sessions with Years 5-7. My presentation was called 'Tickle the Cat' , and did I make the Year 7's laugh out loud - absolutely!


Book signing for three adorable Year 7's.
 I've never had anyone ask if they could hug me before.






No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS