Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Month of Firsts!

What a month of firsts August is proving to be!

My first published article, 'Pursue your Goal', appeared in WQ, the Queensland Writers Centre magazine, August issue - the Children's Issue. So many lovely people have been congratulating me and I appreciate QWC giving me this opportunity to write about my journey to publication.


My debut children's book, Pond Magic, an Aussie Chomp, Penguin Australia, will be released on the 30th August to much fanfare on this blog and the Pond Magic facebook page. If you are on facebook please pop over to Pond Magic and 'like' the page. We now have 242 fans and my main character, Lily, answers all posts left on the page. Why don't you leave a comment and get to know her better? And don't forget to suggest the page to your friends! Lily needs 1,000 fans before I let her off the page... Mean, I know.


AND... Today's news is that my first website has gone 'live'. http://www.angelasunde.com/

Below is the illustration I completed for my website. Two little kids in an apple tree. You know my aunt's nickname for me when I was small was 'Blossom'...



I would love it if you would visit the site, test it out, let me know of any problems or hiccups and even send me a message on the 'contact' link. I can't wait to hear from you all!

See you there....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a month, Angela! Thrilled to be in the magazine with you, and can't wait to get myself a copy of Pond Magic. The website is absolutely gorgeous - so professional. What a multi-talented lady you are :)

Katherine

Life's a poem said...

Angela- what talent- to illustrate as well as write- love your website and can't wait to read Pond Magic- fantastic!
Lorraine

Angela Sunde. said...

Thanks, Kath. As you know trying to juggle two skills is so difficult. I always feel guilty if I neglect one over the other.

Thanks, Lorraine. I still haven't got Pond Magic in my hot hand yet. The suspense is awful. Any day now...

Hootenanny Books said...

Congratulations Angela,

You should be really proud of yourself! What an accomplishment.

The website is divine too!

Nadine Bates. xx

Angela Sunde. said...

Thank you, Nadine! I am super happy with it.

Lillythiks said...

Wow to think I've rubbed shoulders with a real live actual author!

Congratulations on your well deserved success(es) Angela - love the website, can't wait to read the book.

Have the MOST fun tomorrow at the Brissy launch & I hope to catch up with you in Oct.

Lilly Clemence

Angela Sunde. said...

Thanks, Lily. it will be great to see you in October. The GC launch is going to go off!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS